As the pictures on the hoop pages show, everyone! To be a bit more specific, anyone looking for a fun, bi-lateral, low-impact, whole-body, fun, aerobic, fun exercise! Did I say it was fun? Life’s too short to have to spend time on un-fun workouts, no matter how “good” they are for you, or how many times you’ve read the same advice. Life is short. Have more fun!
When we have the hoops at a street fair, party, or corporate event, we have seen people hoop who:
- never could hoop when they were younger
- could hoop when they were young, but tried to hoop a while ago and can’t do it any more
- can hoop with a store-bought hoop but find it’s not much fun because it moves too fast
- have seen hoop dancers at music festivals and never thought they could do it themselves
- have seen hoop dancers at music festivals and want to learn the fancy moves
- have a hooping contest coming up at the next family reunion and want to win
- have new hips and new knees
- are learning to walk again after automobile accidents
- are older than five
Children younger than five often use the hoop as a toy. The hoops I travel with hold up a lot longer than store-bought hoops. People who work with small children may want to make hoops for their organization.